Sunday 23 March 2014

LIEBSTER AWARD #3


I am very happy to have my third Liebster Award! Thank you very much, Selina! Check out Selina's blog, here. Here's a quick post with the answers to her questions.

What is your favourite perfume at the moment?
I have a staple perfume which is my signature scent, Nina Ricci's 'Nina' (the original, although I do love the special editions as well). I've pretty much used Nina Ricci my whole fragrance-wearing life. I should probably try and be a bit more adventurous, really. I did try Prada's 'Candy' this summer and absolutely loved the scent, but found it didn't last very long on the skin. Basically, anything that smells really, really sweet.

What are the three main qualities you look for in a partner?
A sense of humour, caring personality, and an optimistic outlook on life.

If you wear makeup, name one item of makeup you couldn't live without.
It would have to be mascara. My eyes are usually the focal feature of any makeup look I create, so mascara is a must!

Which do you prefer: bags, shoes or clothes?
Clothes. Every time. I actually went out to replace some worn-out jeans yesterday and ended up coming back with three extra tops.

If you had the chance to meet someone famous who would it be?
If it could be anyone from any time, possibly Audrey Hepburn. I just think she was so elegant and such a great role model. I have the obligatory IKEA canvas print of her in my bedroom.

All time favourite quote from her: "Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!"

If it had to be someone alive today, probably JK Rowling, partly because the Harry Potter books were essentially my childhood, but also because she is such an inspiration for all those aspiring female writers out there. Oh, and she studied Classics at the same university as me, so, you know, we'd have something to chat about.

Favourite season and why?
Definitely summer. Hands down. I get cold really easily and summer is pretty much the only season in Britain where you can guarantee a few warm days. Also, there's nothing better than a summer evening. I genuinely think everything seems better when it's bright and sunny outside!

Who is your favourite style icon?
I'm not really sure I necessarily have a style icon as such. I just buy what I like and think suits me. If I had to choose, it would definitely have to be either Audrey Hepburn (the last mention of her, I promise) or Grace Kelly. I just think that style era was so glamorous and sophisticated. One of my all-time favourite films is High Society, so if we could just all dress like that again, that would be great. Thanks.

If you had £100,000, what would you do with it?
I would explore the world! Spend it all! That's what I say! Just joking, I'd save at least £1000...well maybe like £500.

If you could travel to anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I've always loved Spain because I have family there, especially Madrid which is a beautiful city. I want to travel quite a few places but, at the moment, I have my heart set on Australia and Fiji. Oh, and I'd love to live in America at some point.

What is your favourite clothing brand?
Topshop because they do clothes for little people. I find it really hard to find clothes that fit me because I'm a rather tiny 5ft1. I also really love H&M. I think they do great quality clothes for really reasonable prices.

Describe yourself in 3 words.
Little, cheerful, amiable.

No comments:

Post a Comment