Wednesday 29 January 2014

A GIRL AND HER MAKEUP BAG #1


Hello all! This is the first post of a new series I will be doing where I take a look into people's makeup bags and ask them questions about their makeup preferences. Today I will be interviewing Emily, who I have know since school. She is a 23 year old graduate. Hope you enjoy!



Do you wear makeup on a day to day basis?
Yes, I won’t leave the house without makeup! 

At what age did you start wearing makeup properly? 
I started to wear a bit of makeup from about the age of 14, but I only really started to enjoy using makeup from 18 onwards. 

How long does it take you to apply your makeup?
I have my morning routine down to a fine art! It takes between 10-15 minutes to do my makeup in the morning. If I’m going out or putting in more of an effort it will take a bit longer, but definitely no more than half an hour. 

Where is your makeup bag from?
I have to admit that I don’t have a makeup bag at the minute… I’ve been using a box to store it all in on my desk. A good makeup bag is on my wishlist… 

Which product could you not live without?
I couldn’t live without concealer. I have quite dark circles under my eyes and somebody will always tell me I look tired or ill when I’m not wearing any! I’ve started using Benefit’s ‘Boing’ concealer, which I love. It’s quite pricey, but it definitely does the trick. 

Oh...and eyeliner. I’ve always got to have a bit of that on.  

What is your go-to makeup look?
It’s quite a natural look. I stick to subtle colours, particularly for eyeshadow. I tend to wear the same makeup whatever the occasion. 

What products did you use to create the makeup look you are wearing now?
Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation - I would recommend this to anyone, it’s fab! Estee lauder do a free colour match service at any of their stands so you can pick the right colour for you and take away a sample to try. It’s on the more expensive side, but you only need a tiny amount to get a good level of coverage. 
Benefit’s ‘Hello Flawless’ powder - A light brush of this on top of foundation finishes it off nicely and leaves skin looking ‘flawless’. 
Benefit’s ‘Sugarbomb’ blusher - Another great product from Benefit. 
Benefit’s ‘Boing’ concealer - As described, I love this. It can cover up anything! 
Estee Lauder eyeshadow - A mix of natural tones. This was a gift - I’m not sure whether I’d pay this much myself for it, as I’m sure you could get a cheaper version elsewhere. 
Benefit’s ‘They’re real’ mascara - You know a mascara is good when it doesn’t even need to be photoshopped in it’s adverts. Did I mention that I love Benefit??  
Maybelline’s ‘Lasting drama’ gel eyeliner - I love gel eyeliner for using on the top lid (even if I rarely get it straight..) The only problem is that you have to keep cleaning the brush or the gel will make it go solid. But if you have the patience for it, it’s great! 
Plus eyeliner and brow pencil 

Are there any products in your makeup bag that you are disappointed with?
I wouldn’t say that I’ve been disappointed with any. Unfortunately I seem to have developed a taste for more expensive makeup recently, so I think I’d end up being disappointed with the cheaper brands now. However, some products like foundation are worth splashing out on! 

Do you prefer your makeup bag to be full of new products or tried and tested ones?
I’m not fussed on having new products. I’d rather use makeup that has been recommended by a friend so that you know it’s good rather than relying on photoshopped advertising to make a judgement. 

Which celebrity has your favourite makeup style? 
Someone like Natalie Portman who always has quite a natural style.

Products include: 2 Estee Lauder eye shadow palettes, Estee Lauder 'Double Wear' foundation, Benefit 'They're Real' mascara, Benefit 'Sugarbomb' blusher, Benefit 'Boing' concealer, Ecotools foundation brush, Maybelline 'Lasting Drama' gel eyeliner, Seventeen brow kit, Benefit 'Hello Flawless' powder. 






No comments:

Post a Comment