Saturday 18 January 2014

SPOTLIGHT PRODUCT: 'VINTAGE ROMANCE' DATE/PARTY TUTORIAL

Sleek 'Vintage Romance' finished look.

Having played around with the 'Vintage Romance' palette for a while now, this is by far my favourite look. Although the eyeshadows are rather glitter based, I do think it has a subtlety to it which would make it perfect for a date night. Or, failing that, a party or night out with friends. I am particularly partial to this look because the reddish undertone of the purples really helps to bring out my green eyes but I do think this would look beautiful on any eye colour/skin tone. So, without further ado, here's my step-by-step tutorial for any romantics out there who wish to recreate this look. 

Top row (left to right): step 1, step 2; bottom row (left to right): step 3, step 4.

Step 1: quite straightforward; ensure that your eye is free from makeup and prep it with a base. I often use my Collection concealer as a base because it is so long-wearing, also because I am too much of a cheap-skate to purchase two separate products, but hey! 

Step 2: sweep 'Lust in LA' all over the lid with a blending brush (just a quick note: I used the same blending brush for most of this eye look- a MAC 286- but your favourite blending brush is perfect).

Step 3: add a little of 'Meet in Madrid' to the centre of the lid to add a touch of depth. I also dotted a tiny amount to my inner corner to brighten up my eyes.

Step 4: blend 'A Vow in Venice' lightly onto he outer third of the eye for a pop of colour!

Top row (left to right): step 5, step 6; bottom row: step 7 (closed and open eye).

Step 5: to deepen the purple of the outer corner, I added a little 'Forever in Florence' into the very outer crease and blended this into 'A Vow in Venice' (you could skip this step if you wanted a subtler finish).

Step 6: line your upper lash line with a black eyeliner pencil (mine was a rather well-used Rimmel black kohl pencil) 

Step 7: using a smudging brush (I used a Real Techniques one) smudge the eyeliner with a bit of 'Forever in Florence' for a slightly smokey look. Additonally, smudge some at the outer lower lash line.


To complete the look, I curled my lashes and added a few coats of mascara. Currently I am using a combination of Revlon's 'Lash Potion' and Maybelline's 'The Mega Plush Volum' Express' (reviews to follow!). Then, I applied some Rimmel 'Scandaleyes' bronze liner to my waterline.
When I wear this look out, I keep the rest of my makeup fairly subtle and healthy looking. At the moment, I'll sweep some Bourjois 'Bronzing Powder' ( 'the chocolate one' as it is more commonly known as) over the high points of my face for a really lovely glow. I like this bronzer because it doesn't look too harsh on my pale skin. Then, I have been adding some of Sleek's blush in 'Pixie Pink' to the apples of my cheeks for a fresh and youthful flush. For the lips, I would keep it fairly neutral for a date night- you don't want to be constantly worrying about the state of your lipstick when I'm sure you're overthinking practically everything else. I would just wear a tinted lip balm, perhaps Maybelline's 'Baby Lips' in 'Cherry'. 

For a full review of this eyeshadow palette please see my previous 'Spotlight Product' post http://bellatula.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/spotlight-product-sleek-i-divine.html

Come back next Monday for another makeup tutorial using this palette! X

1 comment:

  1. I have nominated you for the bloggers' Liebster Award! Check out my post for more details: http://tnnoir.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete