'The New Noir'. Thanks so much Sunna! Please go and check her out if you haven't already. I, like her, had never heard of this award before but think it is an awesome idea to help support us new bloggers start our journey into the vast (and sometimes scary) blogosphere.
1. Provide a link back to the blogger who nominated you
2. Post 11 random facts about you
3. Answer 11 random questions set by the blogger who nominated you
4. Nominate 11 bloggers with under 200 followers for the award (excluding who nominated you)
5. Let the nominees know that you have nominated them
So, here goes...
11 Facts About Me
1. I am very interested in languages. I studied Classical Studies and English at university and requested to study an extra module in Latin language. Because I'm just cool like that.
2. I have a particularly strong love for all things sparkly. My motto: you can never have enough glitter in your life.
3. I have grown 1cm in 4 years. This is a big achievement for me. I am only 5ft1 at the age of 22.
4. I have a huge fear of people dressed up in animal costumes. I have no idea why. I think it's the never-changing expression.
5. My favourite sweets are those pink and white milkshake bottles you get in generic pic 'n' mix. They're just so darn delicious!
6. I have a slight addiction to YouTube. Most of my free time is spent catching up on beauty bloggers and vloggers.
7. I absolutely love superhero films and, if I could have any superpower, it would be to control water. Believe me, I have thought about this in great detail.
8. My favourite childhood novel was 'Ballet Shoes' by Noel Streatfeild. I've read it, oh, at least 20 times.
9. My favourite place in the world (other than my home in London of course!) is Madrid. I have family there and just love the mix of city with laid-back spanish lifestyle.
10. I'm a massive fan of Edward Monkton. I was beside myself with excitement when I got an Edward Monkton calendar for Christmas this year.
11. When I was at school, I ballgirled at Queens (the tennis tournament).
1. Why did you start blogging?
I have been a religious follower of beauty blogs and vlogs for about 3 or 4 years now and felt it was high time I started my own one. It took me a year to actually build up the courage to create my own public blog.
2. What inspires you?
In terms of blogging, I am definitely inspired by some of the veteran beauty bloggers out there who have actually managed to create a career out of their beauty interests. Some examples would be: the Pixiwoo girls, Tanya Burr, Zoella... to be honest, I could probably go on for paragraphs. With regards to makeup itself, a lot of my inspiration just comes from my day-to-day observations. I might see someone walking along the street and think that I'd like to try out that particular makeup look. I also have to give some credit to my mother who taught me the basics before I even owned a mascara.
3. Where would you most like to visit?
There are so many places I want to visit in the world! I have always wanted to go to Rome. I just think it looks like an absolutely beautiful and awe-inspiring place. I also aim in the next year or so to go island hopping in Fiji. I think that would be a once-in-a-lifetime experience!
4. Who is your favourite artist/designer and why?
I think probably the person's work I most look forward to seeing is Promise Phan. She is a YouTuber who specialises in transformations using makeup. Think more changing her entire face than a pretty going out look. It just shows how much you can achieve with makeup. If you haven't already, then definitely check her out. Her name is dope2111 on YouTube.
5. What is your favourite book?
Since I've already given my favourite childhood book, I'll give you a more recent favourite book of mine. Zadie Smith's 'White Teeth' is an absolute masterpiece!
6. Name one of your favourite beauty blogs with the most interesting posts to follow
Although there are many, many blogs (I'm actually slightly ashamed to say how many), the beauty blog I am most enjoying at the moment has to be qworterlifecrisis. I really love Maddie's (oh, that's the girl who writes the blog, FYI) writing style. She also has a YouTube channel which is equally as entertaining.
7. What is your favourite beauty item?
Goodness me, this is a difficult question! I would probably have to say my Collection 'Lasting Perfection' concealer. Mostly because it has so many different uses. I use it as a base for my eyeshadow, a highlighter and, to state the obvious, a generic concealer. In short, it helps to feed my incredibly lazy and stingy nature.
8. What are 3 items you cannot live without?
I am ridiculously indecisive so I'm just going to say three things off the top of my head and be done with it. Otherwise this post is about to get a lot more rambling than it already inevitably is. My iPhone (mostly because I can't walk 5 minutes down the street without listening to my music and because it has all my favourite photos on it), my comfy slipper socks (my feet just get so cold!), and my Body Shop 'Strawberry Body Puree' (the smell reminds me of calpol which, for some reason, makes me irrevocably happy).
9. What is your biggest fear?
I am such a wimp that there are just too many to choose from. My most irrational fear is probably animals with human faces. Just. So. Terrifying.
10. Name something you are passionate about and why?
Well, the easy answer here would be beauty but that's just boring. I am extremely passionate about education. Not just in the broad sense, but experiencing and trying new things in particular. I think it is so important to be open-minded and to always look to learn in everything you do. I aim, for example, to travel a lot this year because there are so many places and things in the world I'm yet to see!
11. What is your lifetime ambition?
To make a career out of the things I love to do. To travel the world and visit as many places as possible. Oh, and learn to drive. That last one is getting pretty urgent now.
My Questions for the Nominees
1. If you could have any superpower what would it be and why?
2. Who/what was your first blogging inspiration?
3. Name one beauty technique you have found it very hard to master.
4. What is your favourite beauty brand?
5. What is your favourite beauty product?
6. If you had to wear one outfit for the rest of your life what would it be and why?
7. What is your favourite song?
8. What is your dream job?
9. What is your favourite word and why?
10. Where is your favourite place in the world and why?
11. What is your proudest achievement?
I would absolutely love to read your answers so let me know when they're up! X