Wednesday 22 January 2014

MAYBELLINE'S 'BABY SKIN PRIMER' REVIEW


Price: £7.99

So, first off, I know the price of this product may seem a tad high. However, Superdrug do have a buy one get one half price offer on Maybelline at the moment so go and take advantage of that while it's there.

Let's start with the good news. Although I have used this product for a few weeks now, I can confidently say that you will feel the effects from the first application. It leaves your skin feeling incredibly soft and it really is a nice base to apply makeup to. This was an incredibly important factor for me as I feel that some cheaper primers I have used have left me wondering if they've made any impact at all (*ahem* MUA *ahem*). Certainly, you will only need a very small amount per usage which is lucky, really, seeing as the tube itself is minuscule, which leads us nicely on to the cons of this item.

For the price, if you ignore the Superdrug offer, it is really not great value. Just under £8 is a lot of money to pay, especially for such a high street makeup brand. Additionally, I can't help but wonder if primer in general is a slightly unnecessary step. I didn't notice any difference in the wear of my foundation, and, although it does leave my skin feeling very soft, there are no obvious skincare benefits.

I really am a fan of Maybelline's 'Baby' range. I have almost all of their 'Baby Lips' lip balms and I do absolutely love them. Yes, I may have been drawn in by a 3 for 2 offer that happened to be on at Superdrug (let's face it, nobody needs 3 lip balms) but they really are lovely products. I like that they are a low-maintenance lip look. I have always been pretty terrible with lipsticks and lip glosses, so an easy alternative is fine by me.

In short, 'Baby Skin' is a good drugstore primer. However, I do not feel that you get enough product for the price you are paying. Furthermore, another key issue with the item is really down to individual preference. If you believe the primer hype, then you may want to give this product a try. If not, you may be left feeling that you could have bought something (or more likely some things) way prettier with that precious £8. X


3 comments:

  1. Hi dear!! I've just discovered your blog :)
    This is an amazing post, it is so cool :)
    Come and give your opinion about my new post "A different day"
    http://peaceinmyshoes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! :D Just followed your blog on Bloglovin'. It's awesome!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the lovely comment :) I'll have a look at your post now! x

    ReplyDelete