Thursday 30 January 2014

POCKET MONEY PURCHASE: COLLECTION 2 IN 1 CREAM BLUSH AND HIGHLIGHTER

Price: £4.19


There seems to be a recurring pattern with this series, doesn't there? It's just fact, really. When it comes to uber-cheap, good quality beauty products, you just can't beat a bit of Collection. I purchased this cream blush and highlighter duo quite a few weeks back and I've been hooked ever since! The shade I have is 'Strawberries and Cream' which is a pink-toned blush. They also do a 'Peaches and Cream' where the blush is much more, well, peach-toned. 

I can tell you now, the pros far outweigh the cons with regards to this product. So, lets skim through the bad points quickly first to get them out of the way. The biggest downside for me is really that I would love more of a colour selection. Let's face it, if there were more than two colour choices to this range, my makeup bag would be a lot heavier, and my purse a lot lighter. The other two qualms I have with the product relate to the packaging and layout. The actual container itself is rather cheap looking and I think it would be very easily broken. Additionally, the sections of blush and highlighter are so small that it's actually quite hard to get a brush into one of them. 


So, where do I start with the praise? For under £5 the pigmentation is un-be-lievable. I've uploaded a cheeky swatch photo for you (sorry, it's actually pretty hard to swatch this product but it's amazing, I promise it isn't just a picture of a sparkly bruise). Not only does it apply brilliantly, but is also wears very well throughout the day. Owing to its creamy consistency, the finish is very natural and fades subtly. Possibly the most important point to make is that, in terms of highstreet brands, a good (actually ANY) cream blush is hard to find. I find this strange because, in general, cream blushes sit far more naturally on the skin than powder blushes. An overuse of powder products on the face can leave your skin looking cakey. Thus, it's always good to change it up a bit with a cream product and this is a great gateway cream blush to start with before you start buying the hardcore, expensive, designer stuff. 



All in all, I would definitely recommend this product. Yes, the highlight isn't the best I've ever used on the highstreet and it is quite a frosty finish, but, even if you only use the blush, it is still great value for money. I like to pair the blush with a warmer highlight. The one I am using at the moment is Topshop's 'Glow' highlight which I have most definitely fallen head over heels for. X


No comments:

Post a Comment